Friday, February 25, 2011

Katz in the Alley at Alley Katz- Day one of Sacramento Beer Week

Stop 1 - Alley Katz - for some John John Dead Guy Ale on draught and a new bit of ambience.  I haven’t yet been to Alley Katz.

the Short Report -
J.J.D.G. Ale - out, but that’s okay, it was tapped at 4:00 and we knew that, the guy said it was ‘pretty good’ take that as you like it
award-winning Hazelnut Brown Nectar - yum.  feels like I should be eating pecan pie along with it
Lagunitas Sacramento Fusion - uh, unfortunately not my style- too much bitterness (both roasted malt bitterness and hop bitterness) and a bit too much hop aroma for me.  It was nice of Lagunitas to name it after Sac though… J
service - maybe I look a bit too Minnesota nice, but it took Fo-rev-er to get a beer, and I was Sitting at the bar.
Further notes:
Did they just serve my husband a bad Anchor Steam Old Foghorn Barleywine?
furthermore, did that guy - who seems to be one of the main proprieters of Alley Katz - just admit that he’s actually never had an Old Foghorn?
What is the world coming to?

On a side note- they did have an amazing selection...

No comments:

Post a Comment